[12"] Joshua Moses - Two 12" (Bristol Archive)

Une sortie d'album, une réédition, 45T, Maxi... Faites-le savoir!
Répondre
CONTEMPLATION

Re: [Bristol Archives Records] 2x 12'' - Joshua Moses

Message par CONTEMPLATION » 08 déc. 2011 11:02

Bristol Archive a écrit :Sorry for posting in English, but my French isn't good enough, I would just like to state that if anyone is bootlegging "Africa (Is Our Land)" it isn't Bristol Archive Records. We work closely with all our artists, including Joshua Moses, the composer of the track, (please check the More Cut issue), Joshua was asked about the Kingston Connexion issue by Dennis and refused his permission, as far as we are concerned that was the end of that.

If we were bootleggers it would be very strange that we are releasing an LP from Joshua/Jashwha with mostly unreleased tracks recorded between 1978 and 2003, we will also release a second album from Joshua/Jashwha of newly recorded material in late 2012. Bristol is a small city, if we didn't have the permission of the artists/labels and their full support we would not last very long. Some of our artists are on Facebook etc., please feel free to ask them if we have treated them with respect and paid them promptly, we have nothing to hide.

Next year will see us attempting to do a similar job with music from other British cities, our first release being London's Tribesman with their "Tribe" 12" followed by Birmingham's Eclipse with a reissue of their "Eclisped" LP, we are working on several similar projects.

hi Martin

if you dont have a signed contract from the producer , then it is not an official release
secondly Dennis Bovell gave the permission to Joshua Moses to release the song but asked him not to release the disco ,and finally you do ,,,
Dennis Bovell played by himself all instruments on the song (!) he paid Caron Wheeler for the back vocals , did you , or did Joshua invested in it ? no , because this is a Dennis Bovell prod and you have no contract from him for that ,,, How can you try to make the people believe that this is a Joshua Moses production ??? This is a Dennis Bovell production ...
My contract is signed bu the hand of Dennis Bovell from early september and now it is at the pressing plant I learn you release it , even if Dennis asked not to ...
I have nothing against you , what you did and what you will do , but on that one ,,,you are not telling the truth and trying to manipulate people to make them believe that this is not a Dennis Bovell prod
bravo !!

Bristol Archive
Apprenti Selector

Message par Bristol Archive » 21 déc. 2011 21:41

I've left this long enough for Dennis to be in touch with you, he said he's call you last week, hopefully he has spoken to you and confirmed that we have his permission to release "Africa (Is Our Land)", not only on "The Bristol Reggae Explosion", but also as a 12" and on Joshua's forthcoming album.

Two labels both decide to reissue the same tune, neither of us knew the other were planning to put the tune out, these things happen, it's Reggae, and as they are both limited pressings and it's a great record we should both sell out, but I really want you to publicly take back any accusations you made that we are bootleggers or do not have permission to release the tune.

Incidentally, I've never claimed this was anything but a Dennis Bovell production, originally released on his label, but it was written by Joshua and the vocal is performed by him, indeed with backing provided by Caron Wheeler, Dennis and Joshua have been friends for a very long time, they even did a Ska album together, it's a shame Dennis didn't tell you about our plans or Joshua tell us about yours, but that isn't either label's fault.

CONTEMPLATION

Message par CONTEMPLATION » 03 janv. 2012 10:51

Hi Martin

It s me who told Dennis Bovell that your tunes were on the cd/lp ,he did not know about it . So you knew it was his music but it s me showing him your cd and he was so astonished .
So the first thing is that you did not even contact him for the lp/CD .I know that .

Dennis did not call me last week saying you have the permission to do it , otherwise I d have cancelled the reissue .
How dare you say this ??? :sarcasm: He told me he had asked you not to put on a 12' as he was working on it ,then you immediately start you pre orders sales in france ....
What kind of limited pressing are you talking about ? the 500 mentioned , the 700 or 800 mentioned afterwards ?
Why do we see promotion for this only in France ? I haven t seen you on B&F forum during all this time , while you were taking pre orders in france mainly .

still remember this : when you release a tune , you need a contract from the PRODUCER . If you had one , all this would never happen .
by the way good luck with your label , Rise Up is a bomb I ll buy one .

Bristol Archive
Apprenti Selector

Message par Bristol Archive » 04 janv. 2012 02:06

Firstly it is not my understanding that Dennis didn't know about "Bristol Reggae Explosion" until you told him, we made every effort to contact him directly a long time before the release, I contacted everyone I knew who would have his email address, as did Mike Darby, and we tried several, though he has since told Mike Darby that he was in Africa at the time and couldn't be reached, I believe that Joshua told him at the first opportunity, they are after all friends, but that is between Joshua and Dennis. As I said Mike Darby has spoken to Dennis and he not only gave us permission for the 12", but also to use "Africa (Is Our Land)" on both albums, Dennis also told us he would be in touch with you before Christmas, I wouldn't have made my last post if I didn't believe that.

I think a big problem here is that Dennis and Joshua are telling you and us differnt things so both labels are acting in good faith without knowledge of the other and maybe the artist/producer know things they are not passing on, seriously we both have permission and yet Dennis was telling you we don't and Joshua was telling us you don't.

We did not start our sales in France, we had already presold most of the pressing before we sold any to French buyers, our initial plan was to press 500, but as these were mostly presold straight away we increased it to 800 and as far as I know that is the figure we are pressing and no more. Obviously with a big market for Roots music France was important, but only one part of our market and I guess you have now grabbed most of those sales, from memory we had already sold nearly 500 copies before any were ordered in France. We are an LP label, we are mainly doing these twelves because people have been asking, because it will see Joshua earn some money and to promote the Joshua album, if we'd known about your release earlier we could have cancelled ours and released a different 12" from Joshua, we have one planned for later this year,unfortunately by the time we found out, (From this thread), we were too far advanced.

I have never posted on BAF, I very occasionally post on Roots Archives, but not to promote the label, I can however be found on the Pama Forum, if you want to join let me know and I'll sort it out, then you will be able to see my very old thread asking if anyone had contact details for Dennis, I do promote our releases there, at every opportunity, as some of the members here can confirm.

We have permission from Dennis, please ask him, I really want you to confirm this for yourself.

Good luck with your label as well, I do buy some of your releases and if you want a copy of "Rise Up" contact me, I'll swap you one for your issue of "Africa (Is Our Land)", I am a completist after all, also I really don't think you will have trouble selling all your copies of the Joshua 12" and nor will we.

Finally by way of a plug, the Joshua Moses album, "Joshua to Jahwha - 30 Years In The Wilderness" is scheduled for April with 10 tracks on vinyl and 15 on CD with music recorded in four decades between 1978 and 2003, all of it Roots, I think it's pretty good and if people agree we will release a brand new album from him later this year.

litelet
Producer
canap winner : 1 victoire

Message par litelet » 05 janv. 2012 18:02

I imagine the frustration to realize the tune you were about to rerelease just emerge on another label after you've done the heavy work, recording, mixing, design, mastering, and pressing, and money investment, even if its due to a confusion. Hope it'll get a good success anyway. Seems the tune is looked after.

Looking forward for your Eclips band release, Bristol Archive.

CONTEMPLATION

Message par CONTEMPLATION » 05 janv. 2012 20:12

alright then
for the love of friendship , and music I ll erase my former messages and even buy a box for my shop .
lets forget about this and see the future ,this music deserves to reach thousands people and if we are together we will make it
peace

Bristol Archive
Apprenti Selector

Message par Bristol Archive » 05 janv. 2012 21:20

D'accord, let's hope we are both successful with all our releases in 2012 releasing Reggae is enough of a struggle without fighting each other and if want any of our releases just contact Mike via the Bristol Archive Records web site, let him know who you are and he'll sort you out.
Peace

Bristol Archive
Apprenti Selector

Message par Bristol Archive » 05 janv. 2012 21:27

litelet a écrit :Looking forward for your Eclips band release, Bristol Archive.
Unfortunately the band members don't have any extra Eclipse tunes so it will just be a straight reissue, with a better cover, though we've just heard that some lost Tribesman tapes have now been found, hopefully they will contain the unreleased 2nd BOA album and we can do a bumper CD album for Tribesman, though "The Tribe" 12" is our first priority.

litelet
Producer
canap winner : 1 victoire

Message par litelet » 06 janv. 2012 13:16

Bristol Archive a écrit : Unfortunately the band members don't have any extra Eclipse tunes so it will just be a straight reissue, with a better cover,
By the time the sound of the reissue is great, it will fit perfectly. A rerelease I really waited, cant manage to put the hand on that LP.
:bike:

Répondre

Retourner vers « Nouveautés »