Johnny Osbourne 14/06/2018 Toulouse

Répondre
miss_soul_rebel
Apprenti Selector

Johnny Osbourne 14/06/2018 Toulouse

Message par miss_soul_rebel » 24 août 2018 16:02

Interview de Johnny Osbourne au Festival Rio Loco à Toulouse, le Jeudi 14 Juin 2018

How was the show tonight? How do you feel?

I feel thrilled, you know. I didn’t expect the people to react so. So much life too. They know every song. They blew me away. So I hope I blew them away too.

Well you performed a lot of classics like “Truth & Rights,” that’s why I guess most people knew the songs. Most of the people probably came because they were fans.

Yes. They are some live people. They are full of life and full of love. The people of Toulouse, I want them to know that I hope I gave them back all the love they gave to me.

Tonight, it was really nice to see a Jamaican artist play with a live band from Jamaica. I have seen many live performances with European backing bands…

And it’s not the same.

No, it’s not the same at all. Sometimes they play with synthesizers instead of horns…

This is the real stuff. Real Roots Rock Rub-a-Dub Reggae.

I have seen you’re going to be at the Rototom Sunsplash in Spain this year…

Yeah, I’m touring with Sly & Robbie this year. I’ll be in Rototom with Sly & Robbie.

Where were you in Canada, Jane & Finch?

Jane & Finch. Yeah, that’s my area. When I just moved there, I was downtown. Once you realize that, people downtown gets crowded, then you need to step up, up, up, up, til we get to Jane & Finch. Then we stay there because Jane & Finch was a very nice big renting and housing area. Many people move up there, then it became a very great housing community.

When you were in Toronto, Canada with the Ishan People, which musicians did you work with?

Well, in Canada, I worked with a whole of different musicians. There was a bass player called Larry Silvera, them call him Professor Bassy [ed L. Silvera has passed away on June 17th, 2018. Source: Jamaican Observer]. There was a guitarist called Michael Murray. Tony Campbell, a great guitarist. Tony Peters, a great keyboard player.

[...]

Interview complète: http://www.jamworld876.net/interview/in ... -rio-loco/
Photos: https://www.facebook.com/Jamworld876/ph ... 0965539374

Répondre

Retourner vers « Interviews »