Yabby You & The Prophets - Deeper Roots Part 2

Quelques albums incontournables sur http://www.reggaelparchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Répondre
ITAL
Producer

Yabby You & The Prophets - Deeper Roots Part 2

Message par ITAL » 21 avr. 2014 09:47

https://www.reggaelparchives.com/yabby- ... eper-roots" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.reggaelparchives.com/yabby- ... eeper-2-ss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The follow up to the Yabby You album Deeper Roots is released on Pressure Sounds in late May 2014. It's a 16 track set and has the same mixture of dub plates, alternate mixes and rare 45s as the first album. There will also be 2 singles taken from the album released in late May.

'Sipping I and I Chalice' and version and 'Chant Down Babylon Kingdom' and version are the two 45s. The 'Chant Down Babylon Kingdom' and version are previously unreleased mixes.

As well as the regular litho printed sleeve there will be a limited edition silk screen version of the album.

We will also be releasing 2 Augustus Pablo 45s around about the same time. 'Brace A Boy' by Dillinger and 'Ethiopia' by Augustus Pablo.

slengteng
Producer
canap winner : non

Message par slengteng » 21 avr. 2014 13:55

La pochette est laide mais le son devrait tabasser.
Don't you ever introduce me to your chicks, because I'm feeling hot and I'm feeling very sick (Tony Tuff)

SistarolK
Producer

Message par SistarolK » 22 avr. 2014 16:50

Pourvu que ce second opus soit aussi bon que le premier !

slengteng
Producer

Message par slengteng » 22 avr. 2014 17:16

Hâte d'avoir la tracklist.
Don't you ever introduce me to your chicks, because I'm feeling hot and I'm feeling very sick (Tony Tuff)

Don Ton
Sound System Star

Message par Don Ton » 22 avr. 2014 17:30

Walls of Jerusalem – Vivian Jackson & The Prophets (Previously unreleased Dub plate mix)

Thirty Pieces of Silver - Yabby You & The Prophets (Previously unreleased Dub plate mix)

Sipping I & I Chalice – Vivian Jackson & the Prophets

Sipping I & I Chalice Version – The Prophets

Man of the Living - Wayne Wade and the Prophets (Previously unreleased dub plate mix)

Psalm 16 – Prophets Allstars (Previously un-released mix)

Chant Down Babylon Kingdom- Yabby You & The Prophets (Previously unreleased Dub plate mix)

Chant Down Babylon Version – Prophets Allstars ( Previously unreleased Mix)

Stop Your Quarreling – Yabby You & the Prophets(Previously unreleased Dub plate mix)

Stop Your Quarreling version – The Prophets Allstars (Previously unreleased Dub plate mix)

Outside The City Walls (Obey Your Parents) – Prophets Allstars ( Previously unreleased Mix)

Jah Vengence – Vivian Jackson & The Sons of Jah (Previously unreleased Dub plate mix)

I Can’t Hide – Tony Tuff & The Prophets (Previously unreleased Dub plate mix)

I Can’t Hide version – The Prophet Allstars(Previously unreleased Dub plate mix)

Time Changing – Samuel Patterson (Previously unreleased Dub plate mix)

Mash Down (Mash Down Rome Instrumental)– Prophets Allstars (Previously unreleased mix)

Don Ton
Sound System Star

Message par Don Ton » 22 avr. 2014 17:35

Infos prises sur B&F :

Deeper Roots Part 2 focuses on the more instrumental and dub infused productions of Yabby You and has many exclusive mixes. Some of the tracks
were given directly to Pressure Sounds by Yabby and some have come from exclusive dubplates.

Sipping I & I Chalice is an overlooked gem that was only ever previously released on 45. Thirty pieces of Silver is for the most part reduced to a thundering
instrumental, powerful and perfect for sound systems. Radically different from the original mix. Other standout tracks are Psalm 16 and an alternate cut of
Wayne Wades ‘Man of the living’

The sleevenotes are by Pete Holdsworth and focus on his own personal experiences of dealing with Yabby and his meetings with him in Jamaica.
Photographs are by Pekka Vuorinen and from the estate of Yabby You.

Deeper Roots part 2 has 16 tracks spread over 4 sides of vinyl. Over 50 minutes worth of music and most of it exclusive to Pressure Sounds.

slengteng
Producer

Message par slengteng » 22 avr. 2014 18:55

Merci Don Ton !

litelet
Producer
canap winner : 1 victoire

Message par litelet » 22 avr. 2014 21:37

eh bé... ça semble alléchant. j'espère que le son des dubplates sera bon.

Jah Breizh
Engineer

Message par Jah Breizh » 09 mai 2014 16:06

:heavy:

La pochette pique les yeux oui, pour que ce soit aussi moche ca doit être voulu.

:edit: c'est pour sortir une édition limitée avec une "jolie" pochette plus chère.

Loopi
Producer

Message par Loopi » 09 mai 2014 16:41

A base de vielles pochettes antérieures non écoulées ...!
Extraordinaire, fantastique, étonnant, monstrueux, insensé, fou !
Francis Picabia

Répondre

Retourner vers « Reggae LP Archives »